I mentioned last week that house hunting is not as much fun as house decorating, and it got me thinking about mood boards. Up until March, I didn't know what a mood board was exactly, but one of the blogs I follow (The Blue Dishes) posted her mood board inspiration for her new home office. After reading that, I was hooked! When I was looking at this month's "The Circle Linkup" it just happened to be titled, "Spring15 Mood board" which is best described as a mood board with 15 items! Coincidence? I think not!
I jumped at the opportunity to create a mood board, but honestly, I didn't have a clue where to start. I mean, I don't even have a house yet! How am I going to imaginarily decorate a room that doesn't even exist and what am I going to use to do that? So I turned to handy-dandy Google. Did you know that when you Google, "mood board creator" you get 836,000 responses? Yes, this is a true statement! I did a little research, and discovered Olioboard. Olioboard is like the Pinterest of mood board creations. Basically you find an item you like, install the "Add to Olioboard" button, and click on the picture. It selects the price and gives a link back to the item, and you are able to create JPEG for your own use. It is really kind of cool, and you can choose between a free platform, or a paid platform. I signed up for the free one, and it was easy to use, and just plain awesome! If you haven't already, go and check it out! So much fun!
Anyway, I created an Olioboard mood board for our Master Bedroom (you know, the one that doesn't exist yet?), I used Olioboard to select things off of our wedding registry! I also selected items that are not on our registry, but they have the look I am going for! Here are a look at the items!
1. Olympic One Tinted Flagstone from Lowes Hardware | I really like this color!
2. allen + roth Bronze Round Framed Wall Mirror from Lowes Hardware | DIY substitute right here!
3. Flip Face Crown Moulding from Lowes Hardware | Really just any kind of crown moulding!
4. Sereno Fretwork Window Panel in Beige from Target | Love these, but here is a DIY
5. Threshold™Traditional Shelves in Brown from Target | I think Joshua can build these!
6. Threshold™ Paper Rope Hamper in Dark Brown from Target | It's already on the registry!
7. Brookstone® BioSense™Deep Pocket Sheet Set in Grey from Bed Bath & Beyond | Registry item!
8. Tangiers King Duvet Cover in Grey from Bed Bath & Beyond | These are also on the registry!
9. Threshold Owl Figural Table Lamp from Target | I love owls, so this is also a registry item!
10. Threshold™ Bath Storage Basket from Target | I was thinking of this as a trash can: registry!
11. 12x12 Canvas Print from Shutterfly | I really want to have canvas pictures in our room!
12. South Shore Fusion Nightstand in Chocolate from Target | I already own this, but I will have to re-stain it to match!
13. Natural Floors with Prefinished Bamboo Locking Hardwood Flooring from Lowes Hardware | I love dark stained floors, and I think these are really simple to install!
14. Threshold™ Fretwork Rug in Cream from Target | Joshua doesn't want to put his feet on a cold floor, and this one matches the design!
15. Seedling by Thomas Paul Arm Chair in Dec Rose Gray from Target | I love this chair so much, I added it to the registry after I added it to the mood board. Y'all, that's love!
There you have it! Our imaginary design for our imaginary bedroom in our imaginary house!! Haha! Still, this was a lot of fun, and I have even started on a master bathroom design using our registry items! I think it will be cute, and hopefully we will move forward on the house front!
What items would you put on your master bedroom mood board?
Like I said, let me know!
Note: I have not been paid to promote Olioboard, and these opinions are my own.
Oh, cute! I should make one of these for my bathroom remodel!ReplyDelete
I haven't heard of Olioboard but it sounds awesome for just this type of creation :) Great selections too.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much! It was super easy to use, and I just fell in love with it!!ReplyDelete
Yes you should!! They are super easy, and I have a great time with it!! It gets me excited!! :DReplyDelete
I'm in the process of buying a house, as well, and I am definitely doing this for my library!ReplyDelete
I love the idea of canvas pictures too. My Dad is a retired photographer, and I have many that I want to have put on canvas.ReplyDelete
I love this! A very cool thing to know about. Thank you!ReplyDelete
I love her link -ups. Also, I really like the mood board you have going. I'm especially a fan of the hardwoods.ReplyDelete
I LOVE that chair too. And now that I know it's Target, I may have to think about it. :) Thanks!ReplyDelete
I have a hamper similar to the one you put on your mood board and love it. Our bedroom was pretty plain and just adding that made it look more put together. Great board!ReplyDelete
This is a great mood board! I really like the neutral greys and beige. I hope the imaginary design becomes a reality soon!ReplyDelete
I absolutely love it!! I am working on a bathroom design right now, and it is just great!!ReplyDelete
I think canvas prints are just beautiful!! I definitely want to have some of our engagement pictures, and some of our wedding photos once we get married!! I think they just add a sense of home to a space!!ReplyDelete
This was so much fun! I am glad you enjoyed it too!!ReplyDelete
I love hardwood floors!! We have a cat, so I just look at them as easy to clean!ReplyDelete
The chair is SOO CUTE!! I want it!! I am just thinking I am going to have to get it too, even if I don't have a space for it right now! :DReplyDelete
We need a hamper! We are bad about putting dirty clothes on the floor, which is not pleasant at all! In my mind, I think a hamper will help us appear more clean! :DReplyDelete
I love the greys and creamy colors! I am not really a big fan of colors anyways, but these just make a room look really put together in my opinion! I hope it becomes a reality soon as well!! I cannot wait to be homeowners!!ReplyDelete
I had a hard time getting started on a moodboard too--there's just so much out there! But I love your master bedroom idea, and these are great picks. That chair especially...LOVE it!ReplyDelete
Eep! I absolutely adore that chair! And it's from Target, too? Target for the win! :)ReplyDelete
Grey is one of my absolute favorite colors and I've been trying to plan a moodboard for my room, too. Looks like you're off to a great start! :)
Thanks for linking up!
Wow, I LOVE the hardwood floors with that rug. Soooo cute!ReplyDelete
And Possibly Dinosaurs
We have the hamper but somehow my husband misses it on his way out of the bathroom (which by the way, is two steps away from each other). ;)ReplyDelete