I mentioned last week that house hunting is not as much fun as house decorating, and it got me thinking about mood boards. Up until March, I didn't know what a mood board was exactly, but one of the blogs I follow (The Blue Dishes) posted her mood board inspiration for her new home office. After reading that, I was hooked! When I was looking at this month's "The Circle Linkup" it just happened to be titled, "Spring15 Mood board" which is best described as a mood board with 15 items! Coincidence? I think not!
I jumped at the opportunity to create a mood board, but honestly, I didn't have a clue where to start. I mean, I don't even have a house yet! How am I going to imaginarily decorate a room that doesn't even exist and what am I going to use to do that? So I turned to handy-dandy Google. Did you know that when you Google, "mood board creator" you get 836,000 responses? Yes, this is a true statement! I did a little research, and discovered Olioboard. Olioboard is like the Pinterest of mood board creations. Basically you find an item you like, install the "Add to Olioboard" button, and click on the picture. It selects the price and gives a link back to the item, and you are able to create JPEG for your own use. It is really kind of cool, and you can choose between a free platform, or a paid platform. I signed up for the free one, and it was easy to use, and just plain awesome! If you haven't already, go and check it out! So much fun!
Anyway, I created an Olioboard mood board for our Master Bedroom (you know, the one that doesn't exist yet?), I used Olioboard to select things off of our wedding registry! I also selected items that are not on our registry, but they have the look I am going for! Here are a look at the items!
1. Olympic One Tinted Flagstone from Lowes Hardware | I really like this color!
3. Flip Face Crown Moulding from Lowes Hardware | Really just any kind of crown moulding!
5. Threshold™Traditional Shelves in Brown from Target | I think Joshua can build these!
6. Threshold™ Paper Rope Hamper in Dark Brown from Target | It's already on the registry!
7. Brookstone® BioSense™Deep Pocket Sheet Set in Grey from Bed Bath & Beyond | Registry item!
8. Tangiers King Duvet Cover in Grey from Bed Bath & Beyond | These are also on the registry!
9. Threshold Owl Figural Table Lamp from Target | I love owls, so this is also a registry item!
10. Threshold™ Bath Storage Basket from Target | I was thinking of this as a trash can: registry!
11. 12x12 Canvas Print from Shutterfly | I really want to have canvas pictures in our room!
12. South Shore Fusion Nightstand in Chocolate from Target | I already own this, but I will have to re-stain it to match!
13. Natural Floors with Prefinished Bamboo Locking Hardwood Flooring from Lowes Hardware | I love dark stained floors, and I think these are really simple to install!
14. Threshold™ Fretwork Rug in Cream from Target | Joshua doesn't want to put his feet on a cold floor, and this one matches the design!
15. Seedling by Thomas Paul Arm Chair in Dec Rose Gray from Target | I love this chair so much, I added it to the registry after I added it to the mood board. Y'all, that's love!
There you have it! Our imaginary design for our imaginary bedroom in our imaginary house!! Haha! Still, this was a lot of fun, and I have even started on a master bathroom design using our registry items! I think it will be cute, and hopefully we will move forward on the house front!
What items would you put on your master bedroom mood board?
Like I said, let me know!
Note: I have not been paid to promote Olioboard, and these opinions are my own.